2010. május 29.

Labtec Notebook Webcam on Ubuntu

I bought this webcam last year. It worked with Gutsy, but it doesn't work in Lucid. Or at least with Skype not - at the beginning.

Here are some details to begin with:

skype version: Beta 2.1.0.81 for linux.

~$ lsusb
ID 046d:08aa Logitech, Inc. Labtec Notebooks

~$ lsmod | grep videodev
videodev 34361 1 gspca_main
v4l1_compat 13251 1 videodev

~$ lsmod | grep gspca
gspca_zc3xx 45189 0
gspca_main 21199 1 gspca_zc3xx
videodev 34361 1 gspca_main

here's what I did so far:
- plugged in webcam. skype doesn't see it.
- installed cheese. video works. skype sees that there is a video device, but there's no picture.
- installed guvcview. still the same.
- I restarted the computer
- I tried again with the LD_PRELOAD stuff I found in other forums, and finally, like a miracle,

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so skype


did the trick. :-)
I submitted this info on UbuntuWiki

Nincsenek megjegyzések: